Home ODISHA LATEST Fire breaks out in casualty ward of SCB Hospital in Odisha’s Cuttack

Fire breaks out in casualty ward of SCB Hospital in Odisha’s Cuttack

0
SHARE

Cuttack: Fire broke in the casualty ward of SCB Medical College and Hospital in Odisha’s Cuttack early this morning triggering panic among patients and attendants.

No casualty has been reported in the incident.

According to reports, a short circuit following a lightning strike accompanied with leak in oxygen pipeline caused the fire mishap. An air conditioner was gutted in the fire.

On being informed, Fire personnel and electricity department staff of the hospital reached the spot and took the situation under control.

“The oxygen pipeline leakage has been repaired. A plastic pipe caught fire due to a short circuit causing the outbreak of fire. However, situation is normal now,” a staff of the hospital said.