Jajpur: Panic gripped patients and attendants at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) in Odisha’s Jajpur late last night as fire broke out at a room near the OPD of the hospital.
However, no casualty was reported in the incident. Fire personnel and medical staff managed to douse the flames.
Two hospital beds were reportedly gutted in the flame.
Electrical short circuit led to the outbreak of fire, sources said, adding that medical authorities have ordered for a departmental probe into the incident.