Home FEATURED Fire breaks out at Dhenkanal district HQ hospital   

Fire breaks out at Dhenkanal district HQ hospital   

0
SHARE

Dhenkanal:  A major mishap was averted at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) after fire broke out at the canteen of the hospital today.

However, no injuries or casualty was reported in the incident.

The incident occurred after a gas Chullah came in contact with the flames of a coal-powered chulha (stove) in the canteen on fifth floor of the hospital at around 11 AM today. On receiving information, a fire fighting team rushed to the spot to douse the flames.

Meanwhile, it is alleged that the hospital does not have adequate fire safety system to tackle such eventuality.

Dhenkanal Fire Station Assistant Fire Officer Umakant Nayak said, “Soon after receiving information, a fire fighting team was immediately pressed into service and doused the flames. The DHH has not applied for fire safety license yet. We have also served a notice to the hospital for the same.”