Bhanjanagar: A major fire broke out at a bank at Pailipada under Gangpur police limits in Odisha’s Ganjam district late last night.
The fire mishap took place at Bank of India’s Pailipada branch around 3 AM. Properties, including furniture, computers, cash counter and documents, were gutted in the blaze. Locals this morning spotted smoke billowing out of the bank.
On being informed, Fire personnel reached the spot and doused the flames. Though the exact reason behind the outbreak of fire is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electrical short circuit might have led to the mishap.