Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Sambalpur, May 21:
Carcass of a female elephant was found near Haladigaon village under Maneswar block in Sambalpur district this morning.
Although, the exact cause behind the death of elephant is not ascertained, the injury marks on the body of elephant suggested that the wild animal died of electrocution.
According to reports, the locals used to install electric wires in the field to prevent the forest animals’ infiltration. Even some uses the electric wire to hunt the animals for flesh in the forest. The elephant died of alleged electrocution after it came contact with live wire while roaming in the forest.
After getting the information from villagers, the forest officers rushed the spot. The probe has been launched to ascertain cause of death.