Nayagarh: A person and his son were electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live electric wire at Gambharidihi village under Itamati police limits in Odisha’s Nayagarh district early this morning.
The deceased were identified as Anantabandhu Mohapatra (68) and his son Bhikari Mohapatra(40).
According to reports, Anantabandhu, while going to his farmland, came in contact with an electric wire which had snapped since last night and died on the spot.
On being informed, his son Bhikari rushed to the spot and he was also electrocuted in an attempt to rescue his father.
Bhikari was admitted to Nayagarh district headquarters hospital where doctor declared him brought dead.
Irate locals blocked NH-57 in front of the hospital placing the bodies on road demanding ex-gratia for family members of the deceased.
On the other hand, the villagers have alleged that though they had informed the electricity department about the snapped wire, no one turned up for solution.