Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Jagatsinghpur, Apr 16:
In a heartrending incident, a man and his four-year-old son were charred to death after their house caught fire in Gandakipur village in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha.
The deceased have been identified as 36-year-old Sarada Prasanna Dash and his four-year-old son Badal.
On Friday, at 7 pm in the evening Sarada and his wife were in the backyard, when their thatched house caught fire.
Their four-year-old son was asleep inside the house when the fire broke out. Sarad went inside the hut to save the child, while coming out the fridge fell on both of them and they were burnt to death.
Their eight year-old daughter stays at her uncle’s house. The cause of the fire was due to oil lamp, according to sources.