Balangir: An elephant was reportedly electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live electric wire at Uparajhara village under Deogaon block of Odisha’s Balangir district.
The pachyderm came in contact with an 11KV wire and lost its life, reports said. The jumbo might have come to the area in search of food during which the mishap took place, locals said.
The villagers also alleged that two tusks of the animal have been cut and stolen by miscreants. On being informed, Forest officials reached the spot and started investigation to ascertain the exact circumstances under which the tusker died.