Jharsuguda: In a tragic incident, a women died of electrocution and her 1.5-year-old son sustained critical injuries after the former came in contact with a live electric wire at Kherual village under Badmal police limits in Odisha’s Jharsuguda district today.
According to reports, Swarna Bhoi (26) of the village got an electric shock as she put wet clothes on a wire being unaware of the fact that the wire was a live one.
Moments later, her infant son came near her and received electric shock as well on touching her.
While the women died on the spot, the child was grievously injured.
On being informed, police reached the spot, seized the body for post-mortem and admitted the deceased’s son to hospital.