Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Dhenkanal, Sep 16:
In a tragic incident, driver of a tipper was electrocuted to death as the vehicle came in contact with a 33 KV high tension electric wire at Bypass Chhak in Odisha’s Dhenkanal district today.
The deceased was identified as Sudam Rout (25), hailing from Ghodadian in Odagaon.
According to reports, the tipper had come here to unload stone chips for construction work of a homeopathic college. While unloading, the rear part of the vehicle came in contact with a 33 KV electric wire following which the driver of the tipper died of electrocution on the spot.
The vehicle soon caught fire after the incident. On being informed, fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
The body was seized by police and sent for postmortem.