Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Balasore, May 3:
A youth in Anji Bazaar under Soro police limits in Odisha’s Balasore district died of electrocution after he came in contact with a live 11 KV conductor today.
The deceased identified as Dibakar Jena was a lineman with power distribution company (discom) NESCO, reports said.
Jena’s death is suspected to have been caused after he came in contact with live transmission wire while fastening a dropout wire, the reports added.
Following Jena’s death locals blocked Balasore-Basudevpur road demanding compensation to his kin and action against the employees of Gopalpur electrical division.
As agitating locals blocked the road, vehicles on both sides of the road remained stranded for hours. The blockade was lifted after Khantapada police rushed to the spot and persuaded the locals to vacate the road.