Home ODISHA LATEST No data on attacks on tourists, admits Odisha Tourism minister

No data on attacks on tourists, admits Odisha Tourism minister

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, July 10:

Odisha Tourism and Culture minister Ashok Panda on Wednesday admitted in the State Assembly that his department does not have detailed information on the number of attacks on tourists visiting several tourist destinations in the state.

Replying to a question by Amar Prasad Satpathy, the minister said his department had sent letters to all district collectors and SPs on September 9 last year to provide adequate security to the tourists.

Giving details of the measures taken in this regard, he said mandatory provisions have been made for the tourists to submit their identity cards and documents while staying in hotels, lodges and dharmasalas.

For the safety of the passengers, three special police assistance centres and five watch towers have been set up along the Puri beach while regular patrolling is being conducted along Puri-Konark and Puri-Satapada marine drives.

Apart from this, to provide the tourists falling victims to mishaps, a tourist contingency fund has been formed to provide financial assistance to their next of kin, Panda told the House.