Bhubaneswar: To ensure smooth flow of traffic during Durga Puja, the Commissionerate Police has imposed certain restrictions in the capital city with effective from today. The restrictions will be imposed from 4 PM to 2 AM everyday till October 20.
As per the guidelines, no heavy vehicles will be allowed on the following roads:
- Khandagiri crossing to Pokhariput crossing and vice versa via Jagamara and Gandamunda crossings
- Fire Training School crossing to Sishu Bhawan crossing and vice versa via Paika Nagar, Siripur and Ganganagar crossings
- CRP crossing to Power House crossing and vice versa via Stewart School and Unit-8 DAV School crossings
- Jayadev Vihar to Raj Bhawan crossing and vice versa via Behera Sahi and Sastri Nagar crossing
- Jayadev Vihar to Nandankanan and vice versa via Xavier, Kalinga Hospital, Damana and Patia crossings
- Acharya Vihar crossing to New Airport crossing and vice versa via Nicco Park, Patel Marg, Housing Board, Rabindra Mandap and AG crossings
- Acharya Vihar crossing to Kalinga Hospital crossing and vice versa via Sainik School crossing
- Vanivihar crossing to Sishu Bhawan crossing and vice versa via Rupali, Satya Nagar, Ram Mandir, Master Canteen and Rajmahal crossings
- Rasulgarh crossing to Lingipur crossing and vice versa via Bomikhal, Laxmisagar, Kalpana, Ravi Talkies and Samantarapur crossings
- Both side service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni
- Heavy vehicles coming from Khordha side will be divereted from Pitapalli to Balikuda via Chandaka and Barang. Vehicles may be diverted from CRP Square to Bidyut Marg via Ekamra Villa
- During Ravan Podi, vehicles coming on NH-16 from Cuttack side will be diverted from Jayadev Vihar to CRP Square via Behera Sahi, Sastri Nagar, Power House and Unit-8 DAV crossings
- Passenger buses coming from Puri to Bhubaneswar will be allowed to ply from Lingipur to Baramunda bus stand via Samantarapur, Kalpana, Rajmahal, Sishu Bhawan, Ganga Nagar and Fire Training School. Similarly, buses coming from Baramunda to Puri will be allowed to ply in the same route upto Sishu Bhawan crossing and then through Mausima, Museum, Samantarapur crossings to Lingipur on NH.
Violation of the order will be punishable with a minimum fine amount of Rs 500, which may extend upto Rs 1,000.