Rayagada: Overdose of a drug resulted in the death of a college girl here in Odisha’s tribal district yesterday.
The incident was reported from Ramaguda village under Kashipur block in Rayagada district.
The deceased was identified as Ranjita Majhi, daughter of Simanchal Majhi, a Plus Three first-year student of the Rayagada College.
According to reports, Ranjita had consumed excessive chloroquine tablets (a medication used to prevent and to treat malaria) due to some reasons at college hostel on Saturday night.
She was admitted to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) in Rayagada after her condition deteriorated. She died while undergoing treatment.
The police handed over the body to the deceased’s family after post-mortem yesterday.