SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Puri, Oct 22:

Swift action of fire officials this evening averted a mishap at a temporary shelter home for ‘Habisialis’ (elderly widows devotees who perform kartik brata at Shree Jagannath temple) provided free boarding here under Odisha government’s recently launched Kartik Habisiali Brata programme.

bagala-dharmashal-fire

According to reports, fire broke out at the temporary shelter at Bagala Dharmashala due to electrical short circuit in the ceiling fan hung near the entry point at around 11 pm.

The blaze burnt the tent causing flutter among the elderly women present at the place. Two fire personnel came to the rescue and doused the fire with extinguishers averting a mishap.

Earlier in the day, Fire department officials today inspected fire safety measures at various establishments in the pilgrim city, including at Bagala Dharmashala.

It may be mentioned here that a similar incident had also took place at the shelter home on October 16.