Angul: In a tragic incident, an eight-year-old boy died after being bitten by a venomous snake at Kisinda village under Chhendipada Tehsil in Angul district late last night.
The deceased has been identified as Sipun Pradhan, son of one Rasananda Pradhan of Makamunda village under Kishore Ngaar block in the district.
Sipun was studying in Class 3 staying at his maternal uncle’s house. When he was sleeping in the house last night, a poisonous snake entered the house at around 3 AM and bit the minor boy. Though he was rushed to a hospital in Chhendipada area, doctors declared him brought dead.