SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Berhampur, Dec 22:

An eight-month-old baby boy undergoing treatment at the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here after being branded with hot iron died today.

branding

The deceased child, identified as Mangulu, son of Nabin Digal and Bharati Digal of Barakhama village under Baliguda block in Kandhamal district, was admitted to the hospital on December 11.

According to reports, the child and her twin sister were branded with hot iron bars by their mother on December 10 following suggestion by a woman of the village to do so for curing their illness.

While the baby girl succumbed to her injuries on the next day, Mangulu was admitted to the hospital in a critical condition.