New Delhi, Feb 6 :
There has been substantial reduction in ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control after the DGMO-level talks between the two countries but the real test will come only in summer, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Thursday.
Answering queries from the media at DefExpo here, Antony said though the violations have come down, “we are keeping our fingers crossed. The test will come in summer”.
He said that compared to 2012, there was a sudden increase in ceasefire violations last year, but after Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) talks the incidents have “come down substantially”.
The armed forces were ever vigilant to meet any situation, the defence minister said.