Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Sundargarh, Jan 31:
A class-IV girl student, identified as Jyotshna Beg, sustained severe burn injuries this morning after fire leaped to her dress from a bonfire in Sundargarh district of Odisha.
According to reports, the students of Telenpali Ashram School under Tangarpali block in the district had set garbage on fire after cleaning the school premise for Saraswati Puja celebrations.
Unfortunately, a spark of fire jumped to the girl’s dress and the flame in no time burned the girl severely.
“Students were engaged to clean the school premise for Saraswati Puja celebrations. While they were burning the collected garbage, a spark of fire jumped to Jyotshna’s dress due to inattention,” said Shashi Patel, Headmaster of the school.
She was rescued by teachers and rushed to the district headquarters hospital here and is undergoing treatment.