Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Aug 2:
Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) in Odisha on Friday began a probe into all cases where more than one plot/flat had been allotted to members of a single family under the ‘discretionary quota’.
Sources said the BDA had already cancelled allotments made to two persons and issued show cause notices to the rest 12.
The agency has cancelled the allotment of a plot (K9A-352) in the Kalinga Nagar Housing Scheme, made in favour of a journalist, who has been allotted two plots – one in his name and the other in his wife’s name- under the discretionary quota.
The BDA has also cancelled a plot in Prachi Enclave (Plot No 133) allotted to the former BJD MLA from Balipatana Raghav Sethi, who was allotted two plots – one in his name and another in his wife’s name – under the discretionary quota.
“Action will be taken against the rest twelve persons. They have already been served show cause notices for acquiring more than one plot/house under the discretionary quota,” BDA vice-chairman Dr Krishan Kumar said.
All such allotments would be reviewed at the board meeting to be held towards the end of the month and decision taken on the next xourse of action, he said.