Bhubaneswar, Aug 17;
Three houses were burnt in a fire mishap at Sabarsahi in Rasulgarh here on Saturday morning destroying property worth about Rs 3 lakh.
“The fire broke out around 10.30 am when the families were out on work and the children had gone to schools,” said Basanti Nayak, a resident.
Pabitra Nayak, whose house was gutted in fire said, “We have lost everything that was inside the house.”
The reason for the fire was not known but residents of the area said it could be a case of electrical short-circuit. Soon after the fire started spreading, locals swung into action and saves other houses of the locality that has over 60 houses. The fire brigade team reached the spot, which is narrow and snaking, half an hour later and took about 20 minute to douse the fire completely.
“We will provide the families Rs. 5000 each along with polythene sheets for their temporary stay as immediate relief. We will decide on other help later,” said Sanjay Baliarsingh, councillor of Ward no.-6