Dubai, June 25:
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has moved up two rungs to the 10th position in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) One Day-International (ODI) bowlers rankings, released on Thursday.
Ashwin bagged six wickets for 118 runs in the recently-concluded three-match ODI series against Bangladesh. Bangladesh won the series 2-1.
Ashwin (654 points) is now 12 points behind ninth-placed South African pacer Morne Morkel, while Bangladesh spinner Shakib Al Hasan (680) has retained his eighth spot.
Bangladesh medium-pacer Taskin Ahmed also moved up eight places into 96th while India duo Akshar Patel and Suresh Raina are the other notable risers for India and have both gained five points each to move to 71st and 95th positions respectively.
Australian pacer Mitchell Starc leads the bowlers rankings with 783 points.
In the ODI batting rankings, India’s left-handed opener Shikhar Dhawan (777) dropped a place to the seventh spot. He is followed by India’s ODI skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni (734).
India’s left-handed middle-order batsman Suresh Raina has also improved his ranking by two places to 18th. Bangladesh batsman Soumya Sarkar has vaulted 15 places to a career high 51st. Other notable movers include Shakib (up two places to 31st) and Nasir Hossain (up three places to 38th).
Shakib also regained the top spot in the ODI all-rounders rankings with 408 points.
The top 10 batsmen (In the order of rank, player, team, points):
1. AB de Villiers South Africa 902
2. Kumar Sangakkara Sri Lanka 860
3. Hashim Amla South Africa 828
4. Virat Kohli India 802
5. Tillakaratne Dilshan Sri Lanka 793
6. Kane Williamson New Zealand 786
7. Shikhar Dhawan India 777
8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni India 734
9. Ross Taylor New Zealand 732
10. Glenn Maxwell Australia 720
The top 10 bowlers:
1. Mitchell Starc Australia 783
2. Imran Tahir South Africa 734
3. Trent Boult New Zealand 727
4. Dale Steyn South Africa 717
5. Sunil Narine West Indies 709
6. Mitchell Johnson Australia 693
7. Saeed Ajmal Pakistan 682
8. Shakib Al Hasan Bangladesh 680
9. Morne Morkel South Africa 666
10. Ravichandran Ashwin India 654
The all-rounders rankings:
1. Shakib Al Hasan Bangladesh 408
2. Tillakaratne Dilshan Sri Lanka 404
3. Angelo Mathews Sri Lanka 378
4. James Faulkner Australia 361
5. Mohammed Hafeez Pakistan 343 (IANS)