Cuttack: Two minor boys, who had sustained critical burn injuries in a fire mishap at Shabalabhanga village in Odisha’s Angul district yesterday, succumbed while undergoing treatment at the SCB Medical College and Hospital here today.
On the other hand, the condition of their mother, who is also being treated at the SCB Hospital, is stated to be critical, hospital sources said.
The victims were initially admitted to the Angul District Headquarters Hospital after the mishap and later shifted to the SCB Hospital as their condition deteriorated.
Notably, a major fire gutted their house during night while they sleeping leaving Bachani Behera and her two sons Abhimanyu and Rahul critically injured. The three were rescued by neighbours and hospitalised.
The woman’s husband Pabitra Behera was thrashed by her family members for his alleged involvement in causing the fire mishap.