Bhadrak: As many as 50 students were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal (MDM) at a school here today.
The students were admitted to district hospital for treatment soon after they complained of sickness.
The incident was reported from Banapinjara Upper Primary (UP) School under Bonth block in Bhadrak district. The students of the school fell ill after they consumed food served to them under MDM programme.
According to reports, a lizard was allegedly found in a food item dal that might have caused food poisoning.