Rayagada: In a tragic incident, a four-year-old boy was electrocuted after coming in contact with a live wire at T Sikabadi village under Kolnara block in Rayagada district today.
The deceased has been identified as Pabitra, son of Gopal Bidika.
Sources said Pabitra was playing with his friends when he caught hold of an earth wire of a neighbour’s house. Since a strong current was surging through the earth wire during that time, the boy died of electrocution on the spot.
On receiving information, Southco Kolnara junior engineer Sambit Patra rushed to the spot to take stock of the station.
Meanwhile, It is alleged that such incidents are occurring as the electricity officials have handed over the earthing work to customers instead of doing it by themselves.