Rayagada, Dec 13:
Barely two days after the food poisoning incident at the Nehrupanga Sevashram school in Chandrapur block in the district where over 150 students were taken ill after taking contaminated food, 38 girl students of Palupai Sevashram School of Ramnaguda block in the district were taken ill after taking their dinner on Thursday.
The students have been admitted to Ramnaguda Community Health Centre.
According to reports, the girl students fell ill after taking their dinner at 7 pm. Following information, the local BDO and other staff of the block rushed the ailing students to Ramnaguda CHC.
A health team has been sent to the Sevashram to examine the condition of the remaining students, in-charge BDO of Ramnaguda block Ghulam Maqsud told OST.
He also informed that the condition of the girl students, now under treatment, is stable.
Meanwhile, Project Administrator of Gunupur Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) Karunakar Raika and the tehsildar arrived at the Sevashram to take stock of the situation.
The BDO said that as per the information by the security guard of the Sevashram, the students had gone outside in the afternoon to eat tamarind.
“The exact cause would be known after the medical examination”, he added.