Patrapur: A feast on a festive occasion turned tragic at Karadabada village under Patrapur block in Odisha’s Ganjam district yesterday as two persons died and condition of four others became critical after consuming food at the feast.
According to reports, 20 persons of the village, comprising of tribals, had resorted to fasting on the occasion of Nuakhai festival yesterday. After completion of rituals, they had a feast where they consumed rice, dal, chicken curry and liquor reportedly prepared by them.
They later complained of loose motion and vomiting in the evening and were admitted to Patrapur community health centre. However, Shiva Behera (57) and Dhanu Behera (60) died before they could undergo treatment.
On the other hand, two persons have been shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur while the rest are undergoing treatment at Patrapur hospital.
Poisonous food or liquor might be the reason behind the deaths. However, the exact cause will come to fore after arrival of post-mortem report, a doctor of Patrapur hospital said.