- Biju Patnaik’s full name is Bijaya Nanda Patnaik.
2. Biju Babu was half-Bengali as his mother Ashalata Devi was a Bengali.
Also read: Why Indonesia is indebted to Biju Patnaik?
3. He was extremely active and practised multiple sports. But not many people know that he was an avid bridge player!
4. Biju Patnaik helped the Soviet Army fight Hitler during World War II and was honoured by the Russians for his service.
Also read: Biju Patnaik had a Winter Wife?
5. Biju Patnaik and his wife Gyan named the then Indonesian President Sukarna’s daughter ‘Megawati’.
6. Biju Patnaik was extremely fond of cycling. He was spoted many a time cycling to the State Secretariat. During his student days, he had cycled all the way to Peshawar in Pakistan to spread the message of humanity.
7. He is inarguably the most popular and loved politician of Odisha but he served as Chief Minister for only 7 years!
9. Biju Patnaik was known by many names. Some of the appelations are ‘Kalinga Sandha’ (Bull of Kalinga) and the Big Daddy of Indian Politics.
10. Biju Patnaik did not breathe his last at Naveen Niwas. His last days were spent at former Union Minister and his confidante Dilip Ray’s house, whom he loved like a son.