Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Dec 30:
One woman was killed and three others of a family were injured after a gas cylinder burst while cooking at OUAT government quarters in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, today.
Chandramani Nayak, his wife, mother, daughter and son-in-law as well as their two daughters were present in the house during the accident, in Unit-8.
Nayak works in CET college in Bhubaneswar, according to reports.
The fire, probably caught by a gas leak in the cylinder, was so sudden and virulent that no one was able to escape from the house, according to reports.
The fire officials struggled for an hour to put out the fire and were forced to cut open the iron grills to rescue people out of the house.
The wife of Chandramani Nayak died on the spot and son-in-law’s one leg has been severed in the accident and he was first been admitted to Capital hospital and later shifted to a private hospital as his condition deteriorated.
Chandramani Nayak, his mother and daughter are admitted in hospital with burn injuries. While, the two granddaughters have been rescued safely.