Home BIG STORY Two workers electrocuted in Odisha capital

Two workers electrocuted in Odisha capital


Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Dec 6:

Two persons were electrocuted today at Gayatree Vihar under Chandrasekharpur police station limits in Odisha capital.



According to reports, the two were shifting a metal pipe from a three-storey building in the Co-operative colony here when it came in contact with an 11 kv electric wire.

They were rushed to the Capital Hospital here in a critical condition. However, they were declared dead on arrival.

Meanwhile, police have registered a case of unnatural death and begun investigation into the case. The bodies were sent for post-mortem.

The deceased duo is said to be father-son. They have been identified as Sarat Chandra Bhat and his son Jitu Bhat.

They were working as cook at retired SDO Upendra Samal’s house here since last ten years. They hailed from Kantakai village near Kalapathara under Banki block in Cuttack district.

On the other hand, the family members of the deceased demanded compensation for the electrocution deaths.

“As they were electrocuted while they were engaged in work by their employer, he should give Rs 5 lakh compensation to the family members. We will file a case at the local police station for inquiry into the matter,” a relative of the deceased said.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here