Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Keonjhar, May 23:
Two children, both girls, died of severe burn injuries when their house in Odisha’s Keonjhar district caught fire this afternoon.
The two children, identified as Lusy Munda (2 ) and her cousin Subhadra Munda (7), were sleeping in their house in Basudevpur village under the Keonjhar Sadar police station when fire erupted in the house.
Police sources said the fire was most probably caused by an electric short circuit.
Neighbours rushed to their help but by the time the children were were rescued from the blaze it was a little too late. The baby girl died on her way to the hospital while the other succumbed to her injuries in the hospital a little later, the sources added.