SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Malkangiri, Aug 25:

Two home guards of Mathili police station in Odisha’s Malkangiri district died apparently due to consuming poisonous liquor last night. The deceased were identified as Rahgu Pujari and Bishnu Majhi.

alcohol

According to sources, the duo complained of stomach pain after consuming liquor last night. They were admitted to Malkangiri hospital but died while undergoing treatment.

“The two were undergoing treatment by doctors of the medicine department. One of the home guards told me that they had brought a bottle of liquor and consumed it. It is suspected that the the liquor was poisonous which led to their death,” said Dr Sapan Kumar Dinda.

The exact reason behind the deaths is yet to be ascertained. Police have started investigation into the incident.