Home ODISHA LATEST Two Good Samaritans die of electrocution

Two Good Samaritans die of electrocution


OST Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Oct 18:

In a tragic incident, two persons of Puri district were killed due to electrocution on Friday after they got entangled with a high-voltage wire while cutting fallen trees felled by cyclone Phailin near their locality.
They were identified as Fakir Khatei (30) and Gaya Khatei (40), both of them residents of Badalpur under Kanas police limits in Puri district.
After the mishap, they were rushed to the Capital hospital but were declared dead on arrival by the doctors.
Relatives of the deceased who were along with them informed that the two were engaged in cutting trees, which had fallen on a high-voltage wire in their locality.

They had informed the divisional electrical department officials and requested them to shut down the power supply before beginning work. They started work only after getting due from the authorities. But due to some miscommunication from the either side, the power supply was on and both were electrocuted to death.
Fakir was a teacher in Delang High School while Gaya was a driver.
Meanwhile, police have registered an unnatural death case in the incident.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here