Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, May 2:
The Odisha government on Friday confirmed two more sunstroke deaths, taking the toll to eight.
“So far eight persons have succumbed to sunstroke in the state. While two persons have died in Mayurbhanj district, one person each died in Bhadrak, Balangir, Cuttack, Kendrapara and Khurda districts,” said an official with the Special Relief Commissioner’s (SRC) office here.
The official said the SRC’s office has so far received 37 reports of sunstroke deaths.
“Of the 37 cases, eight have been confirmed as deaths due to sunstroke, while 15 other persons were found to have died due to other reasons. The SRC is yet to get report on 14 other cases,” the official added.