Home ODISHA LATEST Siblings sustain burn injuries while lighting mother’s pyre in Odisha

Siblings sustain burn injuries while lighting mother’s pyre in Odisha

0
SHARE
Representative Pic

Angul: In a bizarre incident, two persons sustained burn injuries while lighting the funeral pyre of their mother at the cremation ground in Odisha’s Angul district this afternoon.

As per reports, the sibling duo – Manas Das (32) and Nirmal Das (35) – and other family members and relatives had gone to the village cremation ground to perform the last rites of Sumati Das at Amantpur village under Nalco Nagar police station of Banarpal Tehsil in the district.

Due to drizzle and overcast conditions, the fire of funeral pyre doused owing which petrol was arranged to relit it. While the sons of the dead were trying to light the pyre, the inflammable substance caught fire and the duo was trapped in the blaze.

They were rushed to Nalco hospital and later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital where they are undergoing treatment.

The brothers sustained around 40 % burn injuries, sources said.