Home ENTERTAINMENT SHOWBIZ Rajkummar turned labourer for film, earned Rs.100

Rajkummar turned labourer for film, earned Rs.100

0
SHARE

Mumbai, May 15 :

If you talk about getting into the skin of a film’s character, you can’t miss what Rajkummar Rao did for his forthcoming film “Citylights”. He actually posed as a menial worker and went from door to door trying to look for a job for a scene in the movie.

Rajkummar Rao
Rajkummar Rao

For Hansal Mehta’s film, Rajkummar posed as a commoner to witness the struggle of a commoner in the dream city of Mumbai.

A source says that when Rajkummar acted as a menial worker and looked around for work, the footage of the happenings was captured with cameras placed far away. These scenes add a touch of reality to the film too.

The source said: “Rajkummar went looking for a job near Santa Cruz station and asked if he could get some work there but everyone said no and later he landed up at a construction site nearby.

“The contractor offered him work at a wage of Rs. 100 a day and he agreed to work. Rajkummar actually slogged and worked hard to earn that Rs. 100 note, and this scene will be seen even in the film.

“Citylights” will release May 30.

Mary Kom Wrapped Up

The shooting of Priyanka Chopra-starrer film “Mary Kom”, a biopic on Olympic bronze medallist M.C. Mary Kom, has been wrapped. The actress has thanked the team for their endurance.

Expressing gratitude to the film’s director Omung Kumar and producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, apart from other crew members, she tweeted: “It’s a wrap on ‘Mary Kom’! Thank you Omung, Sanjay sir, Sandy, Saiwyn, Keiko, Darshan and my whole crew who endlessly silently endured to create…”

The National award winning actress not just went through intense physical training for the role, but she also spent a considerable amount of time with the champion herself to understand the real life character closely so that she could bring it out on reel more effectively.

“Mary Kom” is due to release on Gandhi Jayanti Oct 2.

It’s Spain again for Excel Entertainment

Producer Ritesh Sidhwani of Excel Entertainment, which was the banner behind “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”, heavily shot in Spain, says the team of their next film “Dil Dhadakne Do” is off to shoot in Barcelona now.

“Enroute to Barcelona for ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, eating breakfast at my favourite place in Heathrow,” tweeted Sidhwani, who co-owns Excel Entertainment with Farhan Akhtar.

Earlier this week, he had shared that the voyage of “Dil Dhadakne Do” was to begin Saturday, while the film will release June 5, 2015. It stars Farhan, Anil Kapoor, Anushka Sharma with Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra.

(IANS)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here