Home ODISHA LATEST Over 50 families rendered homeless in fire mishap in Odisha’s Ganjam

Over 50 families rendered homeless in fire mishap in Odisha’s Ganjam

0
SHARE

Bhanjanagar: In a tragic incident, houses of as many as 52 families were gutted in a fire mishap at Barpali village under Jagannath Prasad police limits in Odisha’s Ganjam district last night.

On being informed, three fire fighting units from Jagannath Prasad, Daspalla and Bhanjanagar rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames after a 3-hour long effort.

According to reports, the fire broke out from a house of the village between 12 am and 1 am and later engulfed nearby houses damaging those severely. Besides, many articles, valuable assets and harvested crops worth lakhs turned into ashes in the blaze.

Though the reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electric short circuit might have led to the outbreak of the fire.

Meanwhile, locals have demanded compensation from the district administration for the victim families.