Home STATE CITY One injured, 10 unconscious as fire breaks out in Odisha Capital

One injured, 10 unconscious as fire breaks out in Odisha Capital

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Nov 11:

In a major fire that broke out in Quality Furniture showroom near Saptasati Temple of Odisha capital this evening, at least one person has been injured. Besides, about ten students of a private college residing in a nearby house fell unconscious.

vlcsnap-2015-11-11-22h01m24s772

The injured and the unconscious have been taken to Capital Hospital for treatment.

As per rough estimates by locals, various materials worth over a crore have also been destroyed in the fire as the showroom has been reduced to ashes.

Fire Services personnel along with four fire extinguishing machines are on the spot trying to contain the fire as we write this report.

vlcsnap-2015-11-11-22h02m18s330

The exact reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained.

“We are not sure if the shop caught fire from crackers or clay lamps. We saw smoke coming out of the showroom at about 7:45 in the evening.  Someone called up the Fire Services and they reached within 15 minutes. There were a lot of wooden material, sponge, Chinese wood, various types of furniture etc inside the showroom. So it is getting difficult to contain the fire even though the fire-fighters have exhausted four tankers of water,” said a local.

Apart from Fire Services, Commissionerate Police is also present on the spot and trying to maintain law and order in the area.

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here