Home HEADLINES Odisha Cabinet approves 14 proposals

Odisha Cabinet approves 14 proposals


Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Dec 31:

Odisha state Cabinet held at State Secretariat and chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik  has approved 14 proposals, here today.


The Cabinet today approved of a proposal to set up of a separate Steel Directorate. There is an proposal to increasing Value Added Tax (VAT) to 14.5% from existing 13.5% on fashionable and expensive products.

Similarly, it gave nod the cabinet has approved an increase of  10 % VAT on foreign liquor to 35% from the current 25% for more revenue generation to a tune of around Rs 140 crore to state exchequer.

The Cabinet also approved exemption of VAT on input materials for Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana and cleared proposal for simplification of long-term linkage policy of the mines besides approval of other proposals from various departments.

Cabinet, approved the proposal of Health and Family Welfare department on relaxation of rules for recruitment of AYUSH assistants. They have set 30% weightage on career marks and the rest 70% on written test.

There is also an approval to amendment to Odisha Administrative Service Rule.

The Chief minister has asked the concerned department to look into the matter, there has been no final decision taken on the proposal by the Skill Development and Technical Education Department for amendment of the Odisha Professional Education (OPE) Act thereby empowering the State Government to decide on the method of admission in the Engineering colleges, said Aditya Padhi, Chief Secretary of Odisha.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here