Home ODISHA LATEST Odisha boy loses eyesight after mobile phone battery explodes

Odisha boy loses eyesight after mobile phone battery explodes

0
SHARE

Nuapada: In a tragic incident, a minor boy sustained eyesight after a mobile phone battery exploded during charging here today.

The victim, a class VIII student, was admitted to Nuapada district hospital for treatment.

The boy was identified as Krutibas Majhi (13), son of Ugrasen Majhi of Kalimati village under Komna block in Nuapada district.

According to reports, the mobile phone battery exploded while the boy was charging the battery. He suffered serious injuries to his right eye and left hand.

The victim sustained minor injury to his left hand and other parts of the body, which can be cured soon. However, he lost his eyesight in the blast. He will be referred to Burla Hospital or SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack for his treatment and there is no specialization treatment for eye is not available here in the hospital, said Dr Biraja Shankar Rath, who attended to the patient.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here