Home ODISHA LATEST Odisha +2 exam: Confusion over issue of re-checked answer sheets

Odisha +2 exam: Confusion over issue of re-checked answer sheets


Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Aug 27:

There is a great deal of confusion over when the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) of Odisha will finally be able to issue the copies of re-checked +2 answer sheets to the students.

Readdition Plus 2 examSources in the CHSE said the process could start from the first week of September.

The Council, however, has made it clear that there could be further delay in the issue of the answer sheets if its employees decide to launch their cease-work from September 1.

Sources said resentment is brewing among the employees and officials of the Council over the unilateral and arbitrary announcements made by the Higher Education minister Pradip Panigrahi, who had first assured the students that they would get copies of their re-checked papers by June 10 and then kept on shifting the deadline.

Though the minister had recently announced that the process of re-checking would be over by August-end, it is most likely that the process would not be completed before the end of September.

A senior official of the Council said, the minister as well as the departmental bosses have no idea of the stupendous task they have been burdened with.

Sources in the Council said nearly 54,000 students had applied for re-checking of their papers. Out of a total of two lakh answer papers, re-checking of one lakh papers has been completed so far.

Though it has not yet been decided as to whether the students would be issued the re-checked answer sheets at its office or at their respective colleges, a senior official of the Council said the concerned authorities have planned to send these answer sheets to the colleges.

While the revised marks are being added to the tabulation register, re-checking of the remaining papers would be completed by the third or last week of September, the sources added.

Meanwhile, the examination committee of the Council has begun the process of announcing the results of 4444 students who were booked for malpractice in the annual examinations this year.

The results of these students would be announced as per the decision of the committee, sources said.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here