Bhubaneswar: Odisha has broken the shackles of being one of the poorest states in India to become the most preferred investment destination. Sambad Group has launched an initiative to recognise the pioneering efforts of the individuals/groups/organisations in putting the state on a global map in the shape of Odisha Business Awards (OBA).
The one-of-its-kind initiative invites nominations that will be adjudged the winner in each category based on online polling validated by a panel of external jury members.
The award conferred by one of the credible media outlets in Odisha is not restricted to few fields in business contributing significantly to economy or to have created ripples from the very year of its inception.
The OBA – a joint initiative by Sambad, KANAKNEWS, Odisha Sun Times and Radio Choklate – will be bestowed in 27 different categories. They are:
- Excellence in Hospitality
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year
- Casual Dining Joint of the Year
- Cafeteria of the Year
- Street Food Destination of the Year
- Bakery/Confectionery of the Year
- Excellence in F&B Processing
- Excellence in Retail (Electronics)
- Excellence in Retail (Fashion)
- Excellence in Handloom Design
- Excellence in Retail (Jewellery)
- Excellence in Retail (Home Decor)
- Excellence in Retail (Departmental Store)
- Excellence in Retail (Automobile)
- Excellence in Grooming/Beauty & Wellness
- Excellence in Real Estate
- Excellence in Industrial Practice (Heavy Industry)
- Excellence in Mining Practice
- Excellence in SME & Cottage Industry
- Start-up of the Year
- Innovative Business Venture of the Year
- Excellence in Agro Industries
- Excellence in IT
- Odisha’s Favourite Mall
- Odisha’s Favourite Cinema Experience
- Nightspot/Disco club of the Year
- Business Person of the Year
The contenders can send their entries by September 6 and the winners will be announced during the award ceremony on September 20.
OBA aims at celebrating the success stories of business organisations of Odisha that are in the endless pursuit to not only carve a niche for themselves but also generating employment opportunities.
For further details pertaining to participation and eligibility criteria, log on to www.oba2017.kanaknews.com or can send queries to [email protected]. Alternately, dial 9178461721 for more information.