Home ODISHA LATEST New hydro power project on Indravati river in 2017

New hydro power project on Indravati river in 2017

0
SHARE

OST Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Jan 22:

The Odisha Hydro Power Corporation (OHPC) has begun the process for setting up of another hydro power project on Indravati river.

The Corporation has decided to start the project work in 2017-18.

“The state government has decided in principle to set up a 600 MW hydro project on Indravati river. The Corporation, in the meanwhile, has initiated steps for preparation of a detailed project proposal after its approval by the Board of Directors”, a senior official of the Corporation said.

As per the proposal, the new project would produce hydro power by using the recycled water of the river.

The cost of the project is estimated at around Rs 2000 crore. The project is expected to be completed within four years i.e. by 2021-22, the official said.

OHPC has decided to invest 30 percent of the total amount from its own resources while the rest 70 percent of the cost will by be met by incurring loan from other sources.

The Corporation is hopeful that they do not expect any public resistance or protests as the project does not involve any displacement.