Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Jun 17:
Two candidates from Odisha have found place in the top 20 list of the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for admission in the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) results of which were announced today.
While C Rahul from Andhra Pradesh topped the exam, Ashutosh Samal and Amartya Prusty from Odisha have secured 19 and 20 position respectively.
The examination was conducted on May 28 this year for admittion to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Science (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai.
It may be mentioned here that 900 aspirants will participate in the first phase counselling on July 12. Students can now apply online for the 5-year Integrated MSc program in basic sciences.
Notably, there are 130+2 seats for 2016 batch, including reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates and two seats for candidates from the state of J&K as per Government norms.
How to check the NEST exam 2016 results:
- Go to the official website www.nestexam.in
- Go to the ‘View Result’ section and click on it
- It will direct to a new page where the candidate will have to enter Roll Number and Date of Birth or Application Number and Date of Birth and the CAPTCHA image
- The result will be displayed on the screen after clicking on ‘Submit’ button
- Students can download/ take a printout for further reference.
For admission to the 5-year Integrated M.Sc program in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics, as many as 54, 500 candidates had appeared for the entrance test at 52 major towns and cities all over India.
It may be mentioned that two students from Odisha had found place in the top ten list.