Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Keonjhar, Nov 27:
In a sad incident, a woman and her eleven month old son were burnt to death in Keonjhar district in Odisha while asleep after their bedding caught fire from a kerosene lamp.
The mother and boy belonging to Palana Ghati village under Ghatagaon police station were sleeping, last night when their mattress and mosquito caught fire from the oil lamp and they were charred to death.
Her husband rushed to the spot but they were already half burnt by then and succumbed to their injuries. The deceased have been identified as Labangalata Nayak and her son month old son Subham Nayak.
The police have reached the spot and sent the bodies for postmortem to Keojhar district headquarters hospital.