Home STATE Generator fume affected students better now

Generator fume affected students better now


generator mishap
OST Bureau
Brahmapur, Oct 27:
The condition of the 14 students, who were admitted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here on Friday after inhaling fumes emitted from a generator, has improved.
At least 14 students from standards four to nine of a residential high school for SC and ST at Mohana in Gajapati district run by the department of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe fell ill after inhaling gas emitted from a generator.

Hospital superintendent A K Behera said on Saturdayday that the condition of admitted students was improving and they would be discharged very soon.

The generator, which was being used to provide electricity for lights and fans in the hostel as there was no power supply in the area after Cyclone Phailin hit the state, remained switched on in the room in which the children were sleeping and the door had been closed, children and hostel attendants said on condition of anonymity.

Generators are being used in Ganjam as around 80 per cent of its area is without power since the day Cyclone Phailin struck on October 12. Several areas of adjoining Kandhamal and Gajapati are also in dark since then.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here