Chennai, May 29 :
Four people, including a woman and a school girl, were killed in a fire which engulfed a fireworks unit in Tamil Nadu’s Coimbatore after an accidental blast Thursday, police said.
According to police, the accident happened when a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house next to the fireworks unit in Pollachi, near Coimbatore, around 510 km from here and the resultant fire spread to it.
Police said those killed were making crackers when the accident happened.
Several houses were also damaged due to the fire.
The fireworks unit was found to be functioning without a proper licence.