Home ODISHA LATEST Fire Mishap: 13-year-old boy charred to death in Odisha’s Cuttack

Fire Mishap: 13-year-old boy charred to death in Odisha’s Cuttack

0
SHARE

Cuttack: In a tragic incident, a 13-year-old boy was burnt to death in a fire mishap while he was sleeping in his house at Dharmadaspur village under Mahanga block of Odisha’s Cuttack district last night.

The deceased has been identified as Prakash Mishra, son of Pranab Mishra of the village.

According to reports, sparks erupted in the house around 12 am and engulfed two rooms. After noticing the blaze, Pranab and his wife managed to escape out of the house. However, Prakash couldn’t come out and was burnt alive.

On being informed by villagers, fire personnel rushed to the spot and douse the flames. The body was later recovered and sent for post-mortem. The two rooms and many articles were reduced to ashes in the fire.

Though the actual reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electrical short circuit might have led to the outbreak of fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here