Bhubaneswar: A major fire broke out at Sports Emporium, a sports equipment store, near Jayadev Vihar in Odisha capital last night gutting articles worth over Rs 6 crores.
According to reports, locals spotted smoke coming out of the first floor of the four-storey building at around 11 pm.
On being informed, fire brigade rushed to the spot. As many as nine fire tender units were pressed into service to douse the flames.
The blaze was brought under control after hours of effort.
Though the reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that short circuit might have led to the incident.