Reported by Santosh Jagdev
Bhubaneswar, Jul 29:
A fire broke out at second floor of Kalinga Hospital under Chandrasekharpur police limits here today.
Fire brigade personnel said the second floor of the hospital caught fire due to short-circuit in an air conditioner.
Although there was no casualty in the incident, a few frightened patients jumped from the second floor and sustained injuries, they added.
“A fire engine was rushed to the spot to douse the flames. The hospital staff also helped us to control the inferno by using fire extinguishers,” fire department officials said.
Hospital authorities claimed the patients had all been evacuated to safer places in time and no damage had been caused to hospital property.